Azeri Attacks Intensify in Wake of Collapsed Peace Talks – The Armenian Mirror-Spectator

Azeri Attacks Intensify in Wake of Collapsed Peace Talks – The Armenian Mirror-Spectator

https://ift.tt/2SUlj7X


“Russia is Armenia’s leading economic partner, the level of bilateral trade remains high even in the face of economic instability and declining trade and economic indicators due to the coronavirus pandemic,” Mnatsakanyan said.

Lavrov also spoke about contacts with the Turkish government.

“Responding to the question about contacts with our Turkish colleagues, I got in touch with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu and informed him that we count on support for our efforts. On Sunday, we had another telephone conversation, during which support for the Moscow document was confirmed,” he said.

When asked about the possibility of considering some new formats of settlement talks, Lavrov recalled that the joint statement made by the Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers “confirmed that the formats of the negotiation process of the OSCE Minsk Group remained unchanged.”

“This is a fairly large group of countries, but it has delegated the powers to conduct negotiations and the powers of mediation to three co-chairs – Russia, the United States and France. As a matter of fact, those statements that were heard from world capitals over the past few days emphasized the commitment to the mandate of the three co-chairs <…> whose special representatives are in Moscow,” Lavrov stressed.

He added that Mnatsakanyan would have a meeting with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Minsk Group co-chairs later in the day. Last Thursday, the co-chairs met in Geneva with Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Jeyhun Bayramov. Lavrov stressed that the agreements reached in Moscow were also welcomed by Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.

 

  • The mining specialists of the State Service of Emergency Situations of Artsakh continue the works to discover and neutralize the unexploded bombs and mines.

As Armenpress was informed from the State Service, only in Stepanakert they have already discovered 673 missiles, bombs and cluster explosives of Turkish and Israeli production.

By the instruction of the Head of the State Service Colonel Karen Sargsyan, the unexploded ammunition has been taken out of Stepanakert and neutralized in a safe zone.

  • Spokesperson Artsrun Hovhannisyan said in a press conference on October 12 that the Azerbaijani side suffered nearly 200 deaths on October 12.

“During the last hours 3 UAVs, 1 warplane and 3 armored vehicles were destroyed. The manpower losses of Azerbaijan is nearly 200’,” Hovhannisyan said.

Hovhannisyan mentioned that when publishing the losses of the Azerbaijani side, they mention only the number of destroyed equipment, while those captured from them undamaged are not listed.

So far Armenia has reported 525 military casualties. Azerbaijan keeps secret the number of casualties, but according to the Armenian side, Azerbaijan has suffered nearly 5000 casualties, including regular army servicemen and terrorists.

(Panorama.am and Armenpress contributed to this report.)

lrahos

via “Armenian Unified Infocenter” https://ift.tt/3l0Zfoh

October 13, 2020 at 07:12PM

Մասին Lrahos.com

Կարդացեք նաև

Քոչարյանը հեղափոխելու է Հայաստան-Սփյուռք հարաբերություններն ու գերազանցելու իր նախկին ռեկորդները…

«Հայաստան» դաշինքի առաջնորդ, ՀՀ երկրորդ նախագահ Ռոբերտ Քոչարյանը օրերս տեսակապով քննարկում էր ունեցել աշխարհի բազմաթիվ …